THE PRINCESS AND THE P'S

The happenings of our new sweet P that makes our lives more beautiful every day!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Playing in the dirt

It's that time of year for digging in the dirt and planting seeds.  I dressed Emmaline up in her overalls and sun hat (although there was really no sun and it  was kind of chilly) and we went out to Grammie and Grandpa's garden to plant some pumpkin seeds.  Emmaline was a bit unsure when Grandpa put her in the dirt, but was soon distracted by Grammie's basket of seeds. 



 Looking for her pumpkin seeds
"Is this the right package?"

 "Found them!"
 Pumpkin seeds!

 Planting the seeds
 We tried so hard to get Emmaline to smile, but this is the face she had the whole time.  She almost looks like she is in pain!
 I was so proud of her for putting her hands in the dirt and even holding a dirt clump without putting it in her mouth. As I made the comment to my parents about how good she had been about NOT putting dirt in her mouth... the dirt went in her mouth!

 I love this picture of Emmaline and I as long as I don't look at the background.
Our future little gardener

3 comments:

  1. Emmaline looks so serious about her gardening. I wonder if I look serious like that when I'm planting the garden?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little dears...or is it deers!! tehe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Elizabeth you're both so beautiful! What fun pictures! Your Mom let me know about your site so I can see pictures of your sweet little baby! Carrie B.

    ReplyDelete